- Cut the kimchi, pork, and green onions into bite-size pieces (traditionally the green onion is cut into long, diagonal slices but this can make it more difficult to eat - your call).
- (optional step) Convert the red pepper powder into red pepper oil by putting approximately 3 tablespoons of oil into a pan, adding the red pepper powder, and frying until the oil turns red. Use this red pepper oil in place of the powder in the main dish.
- Fry the pork (beef) with the garlic and red pepper powder/oil.
- Add the pork/beef, garlic, red pepper, and kimchi to the water.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Once the kimchi is soft and ready to eat, add the tofu.
- Bring back to a boil and add the clams and green onions.
- Once the clams have shrunk, turn off the flame and add the pickled shrimp and black powder to taste.