Activity – What’s That Sound Mean?
Below are some common English expressions and their meanings. Practice the pronunciations with your teacher, then match the expressions and meanings.
Ouch! (Ow!) no
mmm tastes good
oops that’s cute/sweet
huh? small mistake or accident
ugh disgusting, something you dislike
Now put the correct expression into the sentences below.
Ouch! (Ow!) Hmm … Mmm … Aww
Uh-huh Huh-uh Oops Huh Ugh
1. ____________, you can really cook well!
2. ____________? I didn’t hear you.
3. ____________, I spilled some milk.
4. ____________ That’s sharp. Be careful!
5. ____________, I’m sorry I can’t.
6. ____________, do you have any idea what this means?
7. ____________, I’d love to go to the park.
8. ____________, that’s a cute baby.
9. ____________, I really don’t like that TV show.
- go to 1stopKorea homepage
Copyright 1999-2006 1stopKorea